Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g chicken
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce for marinade (I used Wollies brand)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch baby brocollini, cut into thirds
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1/2-3/4 cup extra teriyaki sauce for dressing
- Cut chicken into thin strips (this works best when the chicken is partially frozen). Marinate in the teriyaki marinade, ginger and garlic for a few hours or over night in the fridge.
- Cook the quinoa and the rice as per packet directions, drain, put into a large bowl, allow to cool. Cook the chicken in a pan sprayed with cooking spray, add to the rice and quinoa mixture. Lightly blanch the brocollini, then cool in a bowl of cold water, drain.
- Cut the stems off the spinach, add to the bowl with the capsicum, onion, bean sprouts and brocollini. Add the extra 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce to start. Using a wooden spoon, stir all of the ingredients together. More sauce may be added if mixture is too dry. Serve cold.