This recipe is proudly brought to you by the Philips All-In-One Cooker.
- 1kg beef oxtail, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Japanese/Korean soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, bruised
- 12cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thickly
- 4 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 x 5cm strips of orange rind
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 green onions, shredded finely
- Cut oxtail into 4cm pieces. Combine sauce, wine, sugar, garlic, ginger, chopped onion, star anise, cinnamon, rind and the water in inner pot. Press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press START (Do not close the lid); bring to the boil. Add oxtail.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 8 hours or cook on MEAT/POULTRY in Pressure cooking for 25 mins. Press START.
- Remove lide. Transfer Oxtail to serving plate; drizzle with about 1/3 cup (80ml) of braising liquid. Sprinkle with shredded onion.