- Serves 8
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Hard
- 10 Ingredients
These salted caramel macarons will be a hit at any afternoon tea!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- ½ cup (80g) icing sugar
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- 1 Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- SALTED CARAMEL FILLING
- 25g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 1½ Tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tsp caramel topping
- pinch of sea salt flakes
Notes... At only 5 SmartPoints value per serve, this delicious recipe is perfect for a treat.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper.
- Process the icing sugar, almond meal and cocoa powder in a food processor for 2 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg white in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in the caster sugar until thick and glossy. Fold the egg white mixture through the almond mixture until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm-plain nozzle. Pipe 16 x 3cm-wide discs, 3cm apart, onto the prepared tray.
- Set the macaron shells aside for 20 minutes or until a skin forms on top. Bake the shells for 20 minutes or until just crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make salted caramel filling, whisk the canola spread and icing sugar in a small bowl until pale. Whisk in the caramel topping and salt until combined.
- Using a small palette knife or the back of a spoon, spread the filling onto the bases of half of the macaron shells. Top with the remaining shells and sandwich together. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to soften slightly. Bring the macarons to room temperature before serving
Recipe Chocolate and salted caramel macarons
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.