- Makes 12
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
These cupcakes are quite moist and are lovely just dressed with some fresh berries and dusted with icing sugar. They are so good that nobody would know it was vegan.
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 420 gram Plain Flour
- 400 gram Caster Sugar
- 90 gram Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 500 ml water
- 190 ml Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 150 gram Icing Sugar
- 50 gram Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Hot water
- This recipe makes one large cake or 12 cupcakes so prepare respective tin/tins and line with baking paper. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
- Sift together the dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix with beater.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for smaller cakes or 45-55 minutes for large cake.
- For the glaze combine the icing sugar, cocoa powder and 2 Tablespoons water. Mix thoroughly then drizzle over cake and then dress with chosen toppings.
I have been using this chocolate cake recipe for as long as I can remember baking. It is a wonderful base cake and can have fruit added to make it more of a dessert, it can be filled with your favourite fillings. It is so versatile and yet so beautiful just as is.