- Difficulty Medium
- 3 Ingredients
I find that you go to lots of trouble to decorate a cake, and a lot of the time people just leave the icing on the plate. This Is a great way of getting a smooth finish and just tastes like chocolate.
- 1 lb White Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Light corn Syrup
- Food colouring (optional)
- Chop Chocolate and place in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until melted, stirring every 45 seconds
- Remove and stir until smooth
- Add the corn syrup and stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture onto large piece of Gladwrap and wrap securely.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and solidify at room temperature, for at least 6hrs or overnight.
- Soften by kneading or microwave on short 10sec intervals till soft enough to work with.
- Continue to knead until smooth and pliable. If sticking dust your hands with icing sugar
- If your adding colour divide and knead in colour don't use too much as it may make it too soft again.
- Decorate as desired. I rolled flat and covered cake. Then made a bow with some I had coloured (it sits quite firm so no need to prop up)
You can use milk or dark chocolate. If using dark chocolate increase corn syrup to 2/3 cup. Also use cocoa powder when rolling instead of powdered sugar. This also works with your dairy free chocolates.