- Serves 4
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
A family favourite that the kids absolutely love! Warm, filling and great after an active day outside.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g Lean Beef Mince
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 750 g Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 250g Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 2 Cups Thickened/double Cream
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 25cm square, 7cm deep baking dish.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until brown. Add mince and cook until brown. Add the pasta sauce, wine and oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to low heat. Simmer uncovered until sauce has thickened (approximately 40-45 minutes), and then remove from the heat.
- Spoon ½ cup mince (or vegetarian alternative) over the base of the dish, and place ¼ of the total pasta sheets on top. Spoon another ½ cup mince, and drizzle cream on top. Repeat layers as necessary. Top with remaining pasta sheets and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Vegetarian alternative to mince: Combine: • 1 large egg • 750g ricotta cheese • 600g chopped spinach leaves, thawed and squeezed dry