- Serves 4
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 19 Ingredients
Lovely mild curry soup to warm you up over winter
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Sweet potato diced
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1cm piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 litre of Vegetable stock (can use chicken stock)
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Capsicum diced
- 1/2- 1 cup Mushrooms diced
- 1 medium Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 1 Parsnip peeled and diced
- 1-2 cup Coconut milk
- 300gm Fresh noodles (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the onion for about 5 mins until translucent. Add the sweet potato and mushrooms and cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in the spices, sugar, ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Pour in approx 1/4 cup of the stock and stir, making sure to scrape up all the yummy slices from the bottom of the pan, Transfer this mixture into the slow cooker bowl. (This recipes is for a smallish sized slow cooker- about 4 serves)
- To the slow cooker add the rest of the stock, chickpeas, capsicum, broccoli, tomatoes with their juices and parsnip. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions if using them (I made some fresh noodles in my Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker) Stir in the coconut milk and cooked noodles if using them. Serve and enjoy!
I have included the vegetables that I used when I took this photo but you can also use other veggies that you have available; I have previously made this including potatoes, beans, cauliflower, corn or less, but I personally think sweet potato is a must. It's a good one for getting rid of those last veggies in your fridge. It is a mild curry flavour; my toddler loves it! Noodles wouldn't traditionally be included in a meal like this but they taste delicious in it, so why not?!