- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
These Paleo Coconut, Lemon and Date Muffins are a real treat and great for school lunch boxes
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1/2 cup sifted organic coconut flour
- 2/3 cup solidified organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil then melted (make sure it's measured in its solid form then melted)
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 Large Free range eggs
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Soft fresh dates pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon Grated zest
- Little Olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, dates and salt. Combine the coconut flour and baking powder and whisk this into the wet ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Grease a muffin tray very well with olive oil or use paper muffin cases and fill muffin holes with batter half way. Sprinkle a little shredded coconut on each muffin top.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes. Check they are cooked by poking dried spaghetti or skewer into it and it should come out clean. Watch it does not burn on the sides. Remove from muffin tray and cool.
See more recipes like these at www.gustopaleo.com