I make coconut rough as a ‘sometimes’ treat and they also are great when wrapped in cellophane for teachers at Easter.
Ingredients (makes 20 )
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 200 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- Toast shredded coconut in the oven for 5 minutes at 160. Set aside to cool. Add toasted coconut; keep 2 tablespoons of coconut for decorating the tops.
- Place milk chocolate and dark chocolate in a bowl and melt the chocolate; remove from heat.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto baking paper on trays, sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.