Feel free to add any veggies you or your little prince or princess loves. Garlic can be added if your little one is more adventurous, mushrooms or celery can be added the possibilities are only limited to your imagination.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Large handful spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, corn and carrot
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced stock
- 800g cream delight pototoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50g butter
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, boiler or electric frypan (med heat). Add spring onions and veggies and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes. Remove and transfer to a clean plate. Add last tbsp of oil and add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for around 8 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add worcestershire sauce and paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and veggies. Bring to a steady simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if you wish).
- Meanwhile, whilst mince mix is thickening, place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for around 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan over low heat. Add milk and 1/2 the butter. Mash until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Spray an 8 cup-capacity baking dish with cooking spray and carefully spoon mince mixture into the dish. Level out mince mix. Top with mash, using a fork to spread out over mince mixture. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a lovely golden colour.
- Serve and enjoy this wonderful, comforting meal.