- Serves 6
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Left overs are great hashed into omlettes or diced into soups.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Piece of Corned Beef - rinsed under cold water
- 1 tablespoon Suage
- 6 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons Port or Sherry
- 3 Carrots, quartered
- water to cover
- In a large saucepan add all ingredients except carrots. Slowly bring to the boil, then simmer for ten minutes.
- Wrap the saucepan in a towel, and allow to sit for about an hour.
- Add the carrots, simmer until the carrots are soft. Serve with the carrots, cabbage and mashed potatoes.
This was my Mum in Laws receipe. If you went to her place for tea you could smell it cooking halfway down the street!