This homemade risotto is so creamy you will have people coming back for more.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Cup Arborio rice
- 1 Litre Vegetable stock
- 1 Medium Sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 Small Brown onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup each Canned corn and frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a medium size pot, add onion and sweat it for a minute, add rice and stir to coat grains with oil, stir for another minute, add stock one ladle at a time when the rice has absorbed liquid.
- Add sweet potato to rice, continue to add stock and stir frequently so rice won't stick to the bottom of the pot. When the rice and potato is almost done, add corns and peas, when they are heated through, stir in the cheese.
- Turn off the heat and let the risotto stand for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.