- Makes 1
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This Dairy-free Chocolate (or Choc Chip) Ice Cream is a sweet alternative to dairy-based ice-cream.
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (makes 1 quart, approx.)
- 800ml full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (OPTIONAL)
- Combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla in a bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and combine well, making sure to crush any lumps that form.
- Cover this mixture and refrigerate it overnight, or for a couple of hours at least, until it’s icy cold.
- Remove the mix and stir again, pouring into ice-block moulds, or into your ice-cream maker.
- NOTE: If using ice-block moulds and dairy free chocolate chips, then make sure to disperse the chips throughout the moulds as best you can. If using an ice-cream maker and dairy-free chocolate chips, then add the chocolate chips in the last few minutes or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Although this batter recipe does only take 10 mins at most to put together, it does take a little more time to chill it, and then to churn it or freeze it. But I haven't put those times, because they vary from method to method, machine to machine. This recipe is also available on my blog: ineedafeed.wordpress.com