- Serves 5
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Best potato bake you will ever make and worth the little extra effort. Works perfectly as a main for the family or as a side at a big Christmas dinner party.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2-4 potatoes (cream delight)
- 2-4 Sweet potatoes
- 1 cream cheese
- 60-80g smoked processed cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 tsp Wholegrain mustard (must be wholegrain)
- 1 continental stock pot chicken flavour
- corn starch
Notes... If your not a big garlic fan only use 1 tsp.The cheese sauce is quite thick but if it gets too thick add milk to thin it out.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash/Peel potatoes & cut them into thin discs. Layer them in a baking dish alternating between sweet and normal potato. (A silicone baking dish works best for me)
- Finely dice bacon & onion. Fry with butter and garlic in a med-large saucepan. Make up the continental stock pot to 1 cup. (You can also use liquid stock or make your own, but you will have to reduce them to 1 cup)
- Add chicken stock and wholegrain mustard to the same saucepan, combine well. Melt in cream cheese using a medium heat. (Reduce heat if boiling, just boiling is ok but be careful cheese sauce is HOT)
- Cut smoked cheese into 1cm cubes and dust in cornstarch. Melt into cheese sauce a few at a time. (The cornstarch is very important it stops the fat from separating as it melts)
- Pour cheese sauce over potato. I usually wiggle the dish and bang it on the bench to ensure even distribution. (Reminder* I use silcone so there is no danger of dish breaking)
- Bake at approx 200°C for approx 30 minutes or until top is crunchy.
Recipe Devilishly delicious potato bake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.