- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A quick, easy and delicious soup that is a meal in a bowl. A wonderful winter warmer.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups vegetable real stock
- 100g sliced pancetta, torn (optional for a vegetarian option)
- 2 tablespoons torn sage leaves
- 700 g ready made gnocchi
- cream, to drizzle
- roasted butternut pumpkin shell (optional)
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Using a hand held blender, process soup until smooth. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta and sage for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook gnocchi for 2 minutes or until tender and they rise to the surface. Drain.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Add gnocchi and top with pancetta mixture and a drizzle of cream OR place into roasted butternut pumpkin shell.
Recipe Easy Butternut Pumpkin and Gnocchi Soup
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.