- Makes 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Cheesy vegetable muffins
Ingredients (makes 8 regular muffins)
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Milk of your choice (dairy, soy, unsweetened almond etc)
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- 1 tsp Seeded mustard
- 1 cup Assorted vegetables, chopped or grated as appropriate
- to taste Salt
- Mix together all the ingredients. In the picture shown, I used what I had on hand which was a small grated zucchini, a fresh corn on the cob and two small red capsicum diced
- Depending on the veggies added, you may need to add extra flour or milk if the mixture is too wet/dry.
- Heap the mixture into your muffin tin. It will make 8 regular muffins or lot of mini muffins (perfect size for little fingers!). Bake at 180 for 25 minutes.
Note: These are great for little hands and relatively healthy to boot. A good first food and if made in mimi muffin size, great for serving at parties. I will add that if I was baking these for myself, I'd add more flavour, maybe some sauteed onion and/or some paprika and cumin. However since these were baked with my toddler (and her developing tastebuds!), I leave the flavours a little more on the bland side, even leaving out the salt.