I used to avoid making this Roasted Beetroot Dip as the beetroots stained my hands, but with Ansell gloves on…there is no issues! And trust me, it’s so much better than store bought dip, and easy to make.
Ingredients (makes 1 large dip)
- 2 medium Beetroots
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Pine Nuts and Feta for garnish
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Cut off the beetroot stems 1 cm from the roots. Scrub the beetroots and wrap them individually in aluminium foil. Wrap the unpeeled garlic pods also in foil.
- Bake the beetroots for 1 hour in the oven. Place the wrapped garlic pods also in the oven 40 minutes after placing the beets to bake.
- Cool the beets. Pop on a pair of Ansell Handy Fresh Powder Free Gloves, and peel both the beets and the garlic. Chop the beets roughly.
- Place the beets, garlic, yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, coriander, and paprika in a food processor and process till smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill till required. Serve with warm, crusty bread or crackers.