- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 4 Ingredients
Delicious moist Chicken, with a crunchy pastry top, with the perfect amount of pesto and vine tomatoes. I really recommend you try it..is really delicious!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 320g Sheet of all-butter puff pastry (cold)
- 4 x 120g Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Heaped teaspoons Green Pesto
- 400g Ripe Cherry Tomatoes, on the vine
- Preheat oven to 220C Unroll pastry, cut it in half lengthways, then cut each half widthways into 8 equal strips.
- Flatten chicken breasts by pounding with your fist until the fat ends are the same thickness as the skinny ends. Place them in a roasting tray, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread over the pesto, then lay 4 overlapping strips of pastry over each breast, tucking them under at the edges. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Lightly dress the tomatoes in olive oil, season and put into a second tray.
- Place the chicken tray on top shelf of oven and the tomatoes below. Cook for 20 mins, or until pastry is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a board with half the tomatoes, squashing the rest in the tray and discarding the vines. Slice the chicken at an angle and place tomatoes on top.
I made this recipe from the Jamie Oliver, 5 ingredients cookbook. Was a big hit with the family. The pesto isn’t overpowering but the perfect accompaniment to the chicken. I purchased the pesto sauce, ready made from the supermarket. You can serve this with whatever side takes your fancy..salad, potato mash, veggies etc I used green beans as my side. Just boiled them and added salt and oil.