- Serves 6
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Takes a few hours but the oven does all the work, if you’ve ran out of room for vegetables, cook on another oven dish and when tender throw them back next to the other vegetables in the pan next to the lamb. Ensure they are all sitting on the pan, not piled up.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Roast lamb
- Half Jap or butternut pumpkin
- 1 or 2 Onions
- Half Sweet potato
- 1 or 2 Carrots
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dried rosemary
- Drizzle Olive oil
- Salt and pepper To taste
Notes... By cooking lamb this way it is full of flavour and beautifully tender.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees on fan forced. Prepare roast vegetables by peeling and cutting to desired size.
- Rub lamb with garlic, olive oil, salt pepper, and rosemary and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- After timer has gone off place roast vegies around lamb and coat in the juices that have come out of the lamb, season vegies with salt and pepper, garlic and rosemary, put olive oil on them and toss in pan. Put back In oven for a further 45 minutes, turn vegetables after timer has gone off and reset it for another half an hour.
- Check on the lamb and vegetables and cook for a further 15 minutes if you like them crispy. While cooking, put on your peas and beans and start to prepare gravy.
- Remove lamb from oven and place on a plate, wrap with some foil to keep warm and let lamb rest for 15 minutes. Take off peas and beans, drain and place them back in the pot with the lid on to keep warm. Carve rested lamb and place roast vegetables on plate, pour juices from pan into your gravy pot, heat up your gravy and then serve all together.
Recipe Fragrant roast lamb and winter veggies
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.