- 3 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 litre FULL (has to be full) fat ice cream
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Place some cling film on the bench and scoop enough ice cream out to make a ball in between a golf ball and tennis ball size. Grab the cling film and give a basic roll in hands and place on a metal tray, repeat with remaining ice cream until finished and place tray in the freezer for an hour.
- Take out balls one at a time and re roll while still in the cling film to give it a more smooth finish and place quickly back in the freezer.
- In a bowl mix together Breadcrumbs, coconut, nutmeg and sugar. Take balls out one at a time and hold in hands to slightly soften, then roll in mixture and place back in the cling film and return the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Mix together egg and milk in a bowl and one at a time roll the balls in the egg mixture then again in the breadcrumb mixture, return to cling film and freeze again for another hr.
- When you are ready to cook the balls, heat up some Canola oil, it will be hot enough when a small piece of bread browns in 15 seconds, cook balls one at a time for around 30 seconds or until brown. Serve straight away, I served mine with caramel topping but the choices are endless.
- Remaining balls that haven't been cooked can stay in the freezer for a few months until needed, the initial process take a while but it's so worth it to have a dessert at home that normally is only from a chinese shop.