- Makes 16
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
These chocolate eclairs are delicious!
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (makes 16 )
- 20g butter
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- 60g chopped butter
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
Notes... This is Grandma's famous eclairs recipe!
- Preheat your oven to around 220°C/200°C fan-forced and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Making the easy choux pastry you have to: Combine butter and 2/3 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until butter has melted and mixture starts to boil.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the flour while stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture comes away from side of the pan and forms like a ball. Set aside for around 5 minutes to cool a little.
- Put aside 2 teaspoons of egg. Using a wooden spoon slowly beat in remaining egg until well combined and mixture goes into a dough.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag. Use a 1cm nozzle. Pipe about 12cm long logs and put them 6cm apart, onto prepared trays and brush with reserved egg.
- Bake 1 tray of eclairs for 5 minutes and reduce heat to 180°C/160°C for fan-forced. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and puffed. Using a small knife, carefully cut eclairs in half horizontally. Return to oven, cut-side up. Bake for 5 minutes to dry out centres. Cool on tray. Increase temperature to 220°C/200°C fan-forced and repeat with the remaining tray.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream, vanilla and sugar until you see firm peaks. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon the cream into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm nozzle. Pipe cream evenly over eclair bases. Spread tops with chocolate mixture and place over cream. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chocolate has set and serve these most delicious eclairs.
Recipe Grandma’s chocolate eclairs
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.