- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
We’re getting ready for summer and trying to lower our carbs for our dinners. So we ditched the bread bun and went for a crispy lettuce bun instead. I actually prefer this way of serving a burger – it makes the meat the star and is lighter plus gives you extra calories to enjoy dessert. I used Ingham’s turkey burgers from their Summer range which was the perfect filling for our burgers – juicy, flavoursome and it held it’s shape really well (which is crucial for a bread-less burger). YUM!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 Burgers)
- Packet Ingham's Extra Lean Turkey Burgers (4 Burger Patties)
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Pickled Cucumbers
- 8 Big Leaves Of Lettuce
- Barbecue sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Cut the onions into slices and place on a baking tray.
- Place the mushrooms on the same baking tray. Spray with cooking spray oil.
- Roast in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes
- In the meanwhile, cook the burgers - I fried them on a non-stick frying pan but you can grill them in the oven or barbecue them.
- Wash the large lettuce leaves, cut the pickles and tomato slices.
- To build each burger, place a lettuce leaf on a plate, add the pickles and tomatoes, a few grilled onions and then one mushroom on top of the onions. Place the burger on top of the vegetables then add the sauce of your choice on top of the turkey patty. Finally add another lettuce leaf on top. Repeat for the other three burgers.