This persimmon salad can be served as a light meal or entree. You can add some cooked prawns for a simple variation.
In season from late February to early June, persimmons are visually stunning and packed full of natural sweetness, making them one of those special gifts of nature that will tantalise your senses.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 sweet persimmons
- 200g endive, radicchio or rocket salad
- 1 cup parmesan shavings
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar for serving
- sea salt and cracked black pepper for serving
- Remove the stalk/calyx then peel and slice persimmons into thin pieces.
- Divide the salad and persimmon between four plates.
- Top with parmesan shavings, toasted almonds and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Notes... This recipe is courtesy of Persimmons Australia Inc.