This is a scrumptious pie, perfect for the colder weather.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg of boneless shoulder of lamb, diced into 5cm pieces
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 6 cloves of cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 3 large carrots, 2cm dice
- 3 sticks celery, 2cm dice
- 1 large brown onion, 2cm dice
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 6 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1 ½ cups cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 160C (140C fan).
- Place lamb in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and toss to coat.
- Heat a CorningWare Pyroceram 3L capacity baking dish over high heat and warm olive oil. Cook lamb in two batches, for 4 minutes to sear. Return all the lamb to the dish. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring, Add the rosemary, wine and stock. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cover the dish with the lid and roast in the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Transfer the entire dish to the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 210C (190C fan-forced).
- Cover the dish with pastry and brush with a beaten egg. Poke holes in top to allow steam to escape during cooking. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp, golden.
Corningware for this delicious recipe.