- Serves 6
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
This is a scrumptious pie, perfect for the colder weather.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg of boneless shoulder of lamb, diced into 5cm pieces
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 6 cloves of cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 3 large carrots, 2cm dice
- 3 sticks celery, 2cm dice
- 1 large brown onion, 2cm dice
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 6 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1 ½ cups cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 160C (140C fan).
- Place lamb in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and toss to coat.
- Heat a CorningWare Pyroceram 3L capacity baking dish over high heat and warm olive oil. Cook lamb in two batches, for 4 minutes to sear. Return all the lamb to the dish. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring, Add the rosemary, wine and stock. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cover the dish with the lid and roast in the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Transfer the entire dish to the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 210C (190C fan-forced).
- Cover the dish with pastry and brush with a beaten egg. Poke holes in top to allow steam to escape during cooking. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp, golden.
Thanks to Corningware for this delicious recipe.
Recipe Lamb And Rosemary Pot Pie
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.