- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This recipe is a favourite of one of my girls to put in her lunchbox to take to school and is great eaten hot with a salad for lunch/dinner or cold in a lunch box taken to school.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 sheets ready made frozen shortcrust pastry
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 1 large leek
- 1 Tbs butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbs plain flour
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 50g feta, cubed
- Grease a 36 x 13cm rectangular pie tin and cut pastry to fit into tin pressing up sides.
- Blind bake the pastry for 15mins at 180 degrees then remove paper and blind bake beeds and bake for a further 5-7mins.
- Snap the hard bottoms off the asparagus and cook in salted water for about 3mins or until tender.
- Fry the leek in the butter until softened, spread the cooked leek over the base of the cooked pastry then lay the cooked asparagus spears over the leek.
- Mix together the eggs, flour, cream and salt then pour this mixture over the asparagus and leek mixture, then top with the feta.
- Bake in oven 180 degrees for approx 30 mins or until just set.
You can change the veggies you use. Try with cooked spinach and topped with fresh tomatoes.