- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
An efficient way at using up leftover veggies that the kids will eat.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 serve of cooked pasta
- leftover veggies
- 1 jar organic pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to instructions and set aside.
- Empty the bottom of your vegetable crisper with whatever veggies you want to use up. Blend them up finely together in a blender.
- Add the pasta sauce to a frypan and begin to simmer. Add the blended veggies and simmer for around 10-15mins. Keep an eye on the sauce so it doesn't' thin too much. Add a ladle of the pasta water if it does.
- Then add the pasta to the sauce and stir through. Top with grated cheese if you like.
Carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, capsicums and tomatoes work really well in this sauce. I often throw in baby spinach and broccoli too. Try not to use too much cauliflower as the taste is very apparent in this sauce.