- Serves 4
- 9 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A tasty and moist roast chicken that is simple to prepare but tastes amazing
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Ingram’s whole chicken
- 2 Lemons, cut into thick slices
- 1 whole Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Melted butter
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry with paper towel, removing as much moisture as possible. Remember to also dry inside the cavity
- Scrunch up 3 golf size balls of alfoil and place in the bottom of the slow cooker, and also place 3 slices of the lemon in there as well
- Remove 2 cloves of garlic and crush. Mix it with some olive oil and the melted butter and set aside.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with all but 3 slices of lemon, and the remaining garlic.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker on top of the lemon and alfoil.
- Baste the top of the chicken with the butter/oil/garlic mix. Season well with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with thyme.
- Place 3 slices of lemon on top of the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then for another 6-7 hours (depending on size of the chicken) on low or until cooked through
- Remove from slow cooker, remove lemon from the top of the chicken and put into a 180 degree oven for 10 minutes to crisp and brown up the skin. Serve immediately after
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.