- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Best eaten fresh
Ingredients (makes 12 cakes)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Rind - finely grated
- 65 grams Butter
- 1/3 Cup Icing Sugar for decoration
Notes... A little bit fiddly, but well worth the effort. I found this recipe a few months ago after inheriting some moulds. If you don't have madeleine moulds, you can use metal jelly moulds - found in most op shops!
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Butter and flour a tray (12) Madeleine moulds and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt at high speed until light. Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; and continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and pale
- Sift flour into egg mixture 1/3 at a time, gently folding after each addition.
- Add lemon rind and pour melted butter around edge of batter. Quickly but gently fold butter into batter. Spoon batter into moulds; it will mound slightly above tops.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes, or until cakes are golden and the tops spring back when gently pressed
- Use the tip of the knife to loosen the madeleines from pan; invert onto rack. Let them cool then sprinkle them with icing sugar
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.