- Serves 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Easy recipe to make. Give plenty of time to set before serving. You could make your own custard from scratch but I have always used store bought and it is still delicious.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 2 ripe mangoes (or substitute tinned mango)
- 1/2 packet Savoiardi Sponge biscuits
- 1 tin Passionfruit Pulp
- 1/2 cup Sweet Sherry
- 1 litre custard (vanilla)
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- 1 packet Pavlova nests or box of mini meringues
Notes... This is now a family favourite for Christmas day. It is a nice change to traditional trifle and much less work.
- Mix passionfruit pulp with sweet sherry in a bowl
- Dip sponge biscuits in mixture and place around sides of a deep glass bowl or large salad dish.
- Cut mango into slices and place in between the sponge biscuits so it can be seen through the sides of the glass bowl. Line the sponge biscuit with mango. You could use a combination of both fresh and tinned mango for this.
- Pour custard into the bowl to fill the centre of dish covering biscuits and mango.
- Whip cream to peaks and pour into dish on top of the custard. Use a knife to smooth over the top.
- Place bowl in fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving crumble meringue nests or mini meringues over the top of the cream and use either passionfruit pulp or grated chocolate to garnish top of dish.
Recipe Mango and passionfruit trifle
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.