- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This Mexican Sweet Potato Pancake is such a fun, easy dinner for those mid week (or weekend) dinners when you are in a hurry but still need something nutritious and filling. Feel free to mix it up a little – add some corn chips and grated cheese on top and pop under the griller just long enough to melt the cheese – YUM!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, grated
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 1/2 sachet or 1 tablespoon Burrito or Taco Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mashed Avocado
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes (or 1 large tomato)
- 1/2 Small Cucumber
- 2 Baby Radish
- 1/2 packet Corn Chips (plain or flavoured)
- 1/2 can Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Squeeze the grated sweet potato and carrot between 4 sheets of paper towel to remove excess moisture and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the kidney beans, burrito/taco seasoning, eggs and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a non-stick frypan and heat to a high heat. Place the sweet potato mixture into the pan and flatten out evenly in the pan. Reduce heat to moderate, cover with a lid and cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- While the pancake is cooking, finely dice the cucumber, tomato and radish and combine to form a salsa.
- Flip the pancake onto a large plate, add another tablespoon of olive oil to the frypan and then slide the pancake back into the pan to cook the other side. Cook this on a moderate heat for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Slide the pancake onto a serving plate (or leave in the pan if it's not 100% non stick).
- Top with a few salad leaves, the tomato/cucumber/radish salsa, sour cream and avocado. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper or chilli flakes if you'd like a little more spice or serve as is!