- Makes 20
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Delicious bite size chocolate caramel cups, perfect for a mini treat!
Ingredients (makes 20 Caramel Cups)
- 60g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 395g NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 100g NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Chocolate Melts
Notes... You could use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate if you prefer. Or do as I did and double up on the chocolate by drizzling white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees (fan forced). Grease 20 holes of a mini muffin pan.
- Combined the softened butter and caster sugar in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until pale and creamy. Add in the flour and coconut, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon approximately 1.5tsps of the mixture into the base of each muffin hole and press down with your fingers to spread and smooth into the base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 8-9 minutes or until the surface is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside, while reducing the oven temperature to 160 degrees.
- To make the caramel filling, place the condensed milk into a saucepan with the golden syrup and butter over a low to medium heat. Cook while whisking continuously for approximately 5 minutes until mixture is golden, smooth and starting to thicken.
- Pour or spoon the caramel evenly over the top of the cooked bases in the muffin pan - the caramel should come close to the top of the muffin cup. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 6 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- When cool - use a sharp knife to carefully run around the edge of each muffin cup to remove the caramel cup.
- Place the NESTLÉ Dark Chocolate Melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. (Don't let the water touch the bowl). Stir the chocolate until melted then using a spoon or piping bag, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of each caramel cup.
- Store in the fridge. Can be served straight from the fridge or take out 5 minutes before serving for a slightly softer texture.
Recipe Mini Choc Caramel Cups
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.