- Makes 48
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This recipe is a favourite in Food Technology with our Year 7s. It is easy to prepare, economical, and makes a lovely handmade gift at Christmas time.
Ingredients (makes 48 )
- 1 Store bought fruit cake
- 1 Packet white chocolate melts
- 1 Packet spearmint lollies (for decorating)
- 1 Packet raspberry lollies (for decorating)
- 4 tbsp Orange juice
- 4 tbsp Melted butter
- Crumble fruit cake into a large mixing bowl. Stir through melted butter and orange juice and mix until combined.
- Melt white chocolate and set aside for decorating.
- Slice spearmint lollies (you'll only need to use a few for the entire batch!) Slice raspberry lollies (I usually cut them into quarters).
- Roll cake mixture into balls (approximately truffle sized) and place on a plate. When all mixture has been rolled, dip each in the melted chocolate and stick two pieces of spearmint on top (leaves) and a raspberry centre, to appear as a holly decoration on each 'pudding'.
- Refrigerate puddings for approximately 15 mins or until chocolate is set. Place on a plate and wrap festively with cellophane for gifting!
We use light fruit cake at school but dark would also work well. At school, each student uses 1/4 of a cake and makes approximately 12 puddings from this. These puddings keep well in a container in the fridge and will last several weeks!