A delicious and super tasty dish that my family adores. Great for re-freezing. A brilliant Thai Chicken Curry dish for all year round and warms up the body in the colder winter months.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 gm Chicken thigh or breast
- 400 gm Tin of asian mixed vegtables
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 4x TBLS Red Thai Curry Paste - Asia at Home
- 1x TBLS Oil - Canola or Olive
- 2 x 270 ml Cans of - Ayam Coconut milk
- 1x TBLS Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Rice - Jasmin or whatever rice you like
- 2 Cups Water - For rice
- 1 pinch Basil for garnish - Optional
- 3 x Kaffir lime leaf - Optional
- Prepare the beans in a cup and chop chicken into slices. Open can of Asian vegetables and the jar of Thai red curry and set aside kaffir lime leaf. Put to the side of the stove where cooking.
- Get a saucepan and put the 1 x TBLS of oil in and turn on med/high. While the pan is heating start to prepare rice and 2 cups of water together and leave to cook. I normally use a microwave rice cooker from Kmart and it takes approx 17-18 mins to cook rice perfectly.
- Place red curry paste in pan and mix with oil for approx 1 min then add chicken. Cook the chicken fillet half way through then add in the 2 cans of coconut milk. Add the asian vegetables plus the kaffir lime leaf and stir through for 5 mins. Turn down to low heat and add the green beans. Add the 1 TBLS of brown sugar stir in. Leave on low heat simmering and stirring occasionally for a further 10-15 mins, then take off the stove.
- Put the cooked rice into a bowl along with the prepared Chicken Thai curry. Add the basil to rice for extra flavour and to garnish. And Enjoy!