- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Imagine this delicious pot pie in your hands – heavenly.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tin Lentils (400g)
- 500g mushroom diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium brown onion diced
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP medium sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry cut into quarters
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 TBSP shredded tasty cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a medium size saucepan and sauté onion till soft but not brown. Add potato, carrot and stir frequently for 3 minutes. Add water and salt, bring to a boil and simmer till vegetable are tender.
- Stir in lentils and frozen peas to heat through, about 1 minute, season with soy sauce. Take it off heat and divide mixture evenly to 4 x 1 cup capacity oven-proof ramekins placed on a baking sheet.
- Cover each ramekin with a piece of puff pastry and lightly press pastry around the rim of ramekin. Brush with beaten egg, cut a little cross in the centre of pastry to let steam out during baking, sprinkle cheese on top of pastry.
- Bake in oven until pastry turned golden brown, about 12~15 minutes. Cool on a cake rack for 5 minutes and serve with a salad.
I was going to make pasties, but I didn't have enough pastry, so the ramekins come in handy to prepare this recipe into a more formal dish. Kids like the mystery and can't wait to break into the flaky pastry to reveal what's inside. Mums will be pleased with this simple but popular meal.