The search for the perfect weekend breakfast indulgence is over thanks to these utterly delectable (and super simple) Nutella Stuffed French Toast Sticks.
Created by the sweet queen of the kitchen, Eloise, also known as Fitwaffle, these bites of heaven take almost no time to make, but look like you’ve put in a bit of effort. They’re the perfect Mother’s Day or Father’s Day breakfast – or Sunday morning indulgence.
Here’s how Eloise describes them: “OMG these were absolutely to die for! Super soft and packed with warm Nutella, coated in cinnamon sugar. You could also swap the Nutella for Biscoff, peanut butter or your favourite spread.”
Ingredients (makes 9 Sticks )
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 60ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-5 tbsp Nutella
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut the crusts off the bread slices (you can leave them on if you like).
- Spread Nutella on the bread and make a sandwich.
- Slice into three 'sticks'.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract until combined, then dip the bread sticks into the mix.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry the bread sticks on a low heat until golden.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and coat the bread sticks in the mix. Serve warm with anything you like!
Eloise has a brilliant cookbook coming out this year, and you can preorder it now >> Baking It Easy.