- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A traditional version of bread and butter pudding.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 slices bread
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- handful sultanas
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Butter the bread (I do both sides). Slice the bread (I do diagonally across because that is what fits well in my dish).
- Layer the bread across the dish and sprinkle with cinnamon as you go. Add the sultanas in the middle (they burn if they are on top).
- In a jug mix the milk, sugar and eggs (I beat with a fork to combine well).
- Gently pour the milk mixture into the dish.
- Press the bread down into the milk mixture and let sit for around 15 minutes.
- Bake in the oven around 40 minutes.
- Serve with cream and/or ice cream.
As this is the traditional version it is really easy to modify. I've done this before with raisin bread and you can also do with brioche. You can add jam to the bread or different fruits to get different flavours.