Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 leek, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 L water
- 250g chicken mince
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 TBSPN parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup risoni
- Press the SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button and set cooking time for 10 minutes. Press start. Put the onion, carrot, celery and leek in the pot and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic clove and chicken drumsticks. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add water to pot with thyme sprigs. Close the lid. Select the SOUP program in pressure cooking and press start.
- To make the meatballs - In a small bowl combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs and parsley. Take small pieces (5 cent piece size) and roll into balls. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Once pressure cooker has finished, release pressure and remove lid. Change function to the SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP and set cooking time to 10 minutes. Wait for liquid to come to boil and add in risoni and cook for 10 minutes. Add in chicken meatballs 5 minutes to end of cooking pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.