- Serves 4
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A hearty and tasty meal that I created to save me time… throw everything in the pot and cook – that's it!
The porterhouse becomes very tender and falls apart, and is a big hit in our place!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 piece per person Porterhouse meat
- 1 large onion chopped into wedges
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 250-300 ml Beef stock
- 2 Carrots cut into thick rounds
- Dried Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper
- drizzle oil
- 1/2 - 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed garlic - to your liking
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celcius (I use fan forced)
- Place all ingredients into a large baking dish with a lid, and place into pre heated oven for 1.5 hours, checking after every 30 minutes and adding more liquid if necessary.
- Serve with roasted veggies, steamed greens or mashed potato
This can be made in the morning and sit in the fridge until you are ready to put in the oven. This intensifies the flavours too! Make sure to use a baking dish or cast iron pot that has a lid as this helps to keep the liquid from evaporating and keeps it tender and moist This could also be made in a slow cooker instead of an oven if you prefer (adjust the times accordingly though)