- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 18 Ingredients
Miguel Maestre is a proud Ambassador of CARE Australia.
By purchasing a CAREgift you have the opportunity to change a life by providing food, clean water, basic healthcare and education that will help create better opportunities for women and their communities.
For more information on how you can help or to purchase a CAREgift this Christmas please visit here.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 200g Bomba rice
- 10 calamari rings
- 4 x 20g pieces white fish
- 4 large king prawns, de-veined peeled
- 8 mussels no shell
- 50g fresh peas
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 25ml olive oil
- 2 large ripe oxheart tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 large roasted red capiscums from jar (piquillo)
- 1⁄2 bunch thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- To make sofrito, place all sofrito ingredients in a food processor. Process until chunky.
- In a medium sized pan or paella pan on high heat, pour sofrito in and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add rice. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add seafood. When liquid has reduced add peas, reduce to low heat and cook for a further 2 minutes to achieve ‘soccarrada’ (crust on bottom of pan). Season. Garnish with lemon juice.
- To serve, spoon paella among serving plates, garnish with lemon. Serve immediately.
Tips: If you don’t have a food processor chop sofrito mix roughly and use stick blender. Recommended size for pan is at least 30cm.