- Makes 4
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
For many loved-up Aussies, Valentine’s Day means jetting off on a romantic overseas getaway, but this year, with international holidays off the table, you can ‘travel’ to Paris with this delicious vanilla bean crème brulee with fresh strawberries.
Ingredients (makes 4 Brulee)
- 500ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod (or use 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla essence)
- 7 Large Sunny Queen Free Range egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 140&deg;c (not fan forced)
- Add the cream to a saucepan. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds, then add the seeds to the cream along with the empty pod. Bring the cream to the boil and remove from the heat
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar, not too foamy. Pour in the cream and whisk gently until just combined
- Pass the liquid through a sieve and divide the mixture evenly between 4 ramekins, up to 1cm from the top
- Place the ramekins in a deep-sided roasting tray and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side (bain-marie).
- Place the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until just set.
- Remove the ramekins from the water and allow to cool. Chill in refrigerator.