- Makes 1
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
I found this recipe in The Women's weekly. A classic Australian dessert, great for entertaining & parties.
Ingredients (makes 1 Pavlova)
- 6 Egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon White vinegar
- 300 mls Thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon Icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 125 grams Strawberries, halved
- 125 grams Blueberries
- Preheat oven to very slow (120°C/100°C fan-forced). Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper, cover oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (should take 6 or 7 minutes). Gently fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread meringue inside circle on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue; level top.
- Bake in very slow oven about 1½ hours or until dry. Turn oven off, leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- An hour before serving, beat cream, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fill pavlova with cream mixture, decorate with fruit.
Undecorated pavlova can be made several days ahead & stored in an airtight container. Not suitable to freez or microwave. You can add whatever topping you desire from bananas to passion fruit, kiwi fruit & peppermint crisp.