These little Pecan Maple Bombs came to life when we had a little leftover puff pastry. We took a peek in the cupboard and and look what happened! SO good with ice cream, cream or both!
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 16 )
- 2 sheets Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Pecans (nuts)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Mix sugar, butter and pecans and 1 tablespoon of the Maple Syrup together into a paste.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4cm x 4cm squares (roughly). Or use any off cuts of pastry you have left from another recipe.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar/nut mixture in the centre of the pastry square and just pinch it up into a little parcel. Repeat until finished. Place all pastry parcels onto a baking sheet leaving 4 - 5 cm between each parcel. Pop a few drops of maple syrup onto each of the parcels (just drizzle over the top).
- Bake in a moderate oven (175 - 185C) until golden brown. They will explode a little (like bombs) but this is fine - the sugar mixture may ooze out of the parcels but this will crisp up as soon as they are out of the oven.
- They are ready as soon as they are golden brown. Please be careful as the filling will be very hot for the first 5 minutes or so.
- Serve as is with a cuppa or add ice cream, cream or both!