- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Quick lunch or dinner idea that has a kick of heat from the mustard, and is nice and gooey with the cheese sauce
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Scotch fillet steak
- 1 1/2 TBS Olive oil
- 1 large Brown onion, halved and sliced
- 1 Large Red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large Green capsicum, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 20g Butter
- 1 TBS Plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Coarsely grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Hot English mustard
- 1 Baguette, cut into 4, split length ways
- Place the steak in the freezer around 20 minutes to half an hour before you need it (This makes it easier to slice thinly).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add onion and stir for 8 minutes or until gold-en. Add combined capsicum and cook over medium heat until soft. Season.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat until foaming. Add flour. Stir for 1 minute or until it bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in the milk until smooth. Stir over medium heat until it thickens. Stir in the combined cheese. Cool for 2 minutes before adding the Worcestershire sauce and mustard, to taste.
- Heat a chargrill on medium-high. Thinly slice the steak and combine in a bowl with the remaining oil. Cook the steak, in 2 batches, turning, for 1 minute or until cooked to your liking.
- Lightly toast the inside of the bread and top with the steak, capsicum mixture and cheese sauce.