This pulled beef wrap recipe is perfect to surprise your family and friends with a meal that tastes absolutely amazing and is easy to eat!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 800g trimmed Cleaver’s Organic Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) reduced salt beef stock
- 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 wholegrain wraps, warmed
- 4 tbs hommus
- 1 cos lettuce, cut into rounds
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Preheat oven 130°C fan-forced. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in an ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add half the beef. Cook, for about 3 minutes, turning until browned all over. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining beef.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring 1 minute. Add canned tomatoes and stock. Return the beef and any juices to the pan, bring to simmer. Press a piece of baking paper onto the surface and cover with a lid. Transfer to the oven. Cook for 3 hours. Remove from oven, set aside
- Increase oven 220°C fan-forced. Combine pumpkin and capsicum in roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil and season. Roast 30 minutes until lightly golden and tender.
- Remove beef to a plate and coarsely shred using two forks. Spread wraps with hommus. Top with lettuce, carrot, roast vegetables and beef. Combine tomatoes, avocado and parsley, spoon over beef. Serve.
- TIPS If you don’t have an ovenproof casserole dish suitable for both stovetop and oven, cook step 1-2 in a frying pan then transfer to an ovenproof dish to cook in the oven.