- Serves 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Valli Little’s passion for cooking shines through in her writing and her easy-to-follow and most importantly failsafe recipe books.
Please enjoy this recipe from BAKE – one of the recipe books in Valli’s latest series of mini books – SPICE, INDULGE, BAKE, SIMPLE, SLOW & SIZZLE. You can follow Valli on Twitter and Instagram. You can purchase Valli’s books at all leading book retailers or at ABC Online.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- Pure (thin) cream, to serve
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup (100g) pistachio kernels
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the crumble topping, place the butter, sugar, flour and pistachios in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread onto the lined tray and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Place the rhubarb, sugar and orange zest and juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Combine the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of cold water, stirring to dissolve, then add to the pan. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened, then stir in the strawberries.
- Divide the rhubarb mixture among 6 x 1-cup (250ml) cleaned cans or ramekin dishes. Sprinkle over the crumble topping, then bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and the strawberries have released all their juices.
- Drizzle the crumbles with cream and serve.