- Serves 2
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
This salmon recipe is courtesy of Zoe Bingley-Pullin on behalf of My Food Bag.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- CREAMY AVOCADO SAUCE
- 1 avocado, flesh roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 300g salmon (skin on), cut into two fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- TO SERVE
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp torn continental parsley leaves
- To make the avocado sauce, place avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, yoghurt and honey in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towels and remove any excess bones. Rub with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium to high heat. Cook salmon skin side down for 2 minutes or until skin is crispy, then flip over and fry for a further 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the asparagus. Add asparagus to the pot of boiled water and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain.
- TO SERVE, spoon avocado sauce onto plates, top with asparagus spears and a salmon fillet. Garnish with parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.