- Serves 6
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
In the last hour of cooking, I sometimes toss in some green beans to cook in the stock
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 Anchovy Fillets
- 1 1.8 - 2 kilo leg of Lamb
- 3 Large cloves of Garlic, quartered
- 2 Bouquet garnis
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Select an oval shaped casserole dish with a tight fitting lid. Preheat oven to 120c
- Dry Anchovy fillets on kitchen paper, and cut each into 3 pieces.
- With a sharp knife, cut 6 deep slits into the lamb. Put one piece of anchovy and one piece of garlic into each slit. Rub over the lamb with pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a heavy fry pan, and brown lamb on all sides until golden brown. Then put the lamb and bouquet garnis in the pot, pour over the wine and chicken stock. Put in the oven, and forget about it for 7 hours.
Cannot for the life of me remember where I got this receipe, but I have been making it for years. Left overs are great cold or even curried. Sampling the wine over the seven hours is a must!