These enchiladas have such a gorgeous flavour and are so quick and easy to bring together using a rotisserie chicken. The layers melt together with a few simple main ingredients: chicken, cheese and a creamy sour cream sauce. Everyone in your family with love them!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 A rotisserie (BBQ) chicken (just the meat lightly shredded)
- 250g / 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 while onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 100g/ 1 cup grated cheese
- 320ml / 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-12 tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and capsicum until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat. Add the chicken, half of the sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each tortilla with a big spoonful of the chicken mixture down the middle, roll up and line side by side in a casserole dish. Continue until you have used all the filling and the tortillas.
- Heat the butter in the same pan (no need to wash). Once foaming, add the flour and stir. Continue adding the stock, about 1/3 cup full at a time and stir until incorporated. Take off the heat and add the sour cream.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining grated cheese. Put under the grill for 10 minutes or until bubbly and crisp at the edges and heated throughout.