- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
These enchiladas have such a gorgeous flavour and are so quick and easy to bring together using a rotisserie chicken. The layers melt together with a few simple main ingredients: chicken, cheese and a creamy sour cream sauce. Everyone in your family with love them!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 A rotisserie (BBQ) chicken (just the meat lightly shredded)
- 250g / 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 while onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 100g/ 1 cup grated cheese
- 320ml / 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-12 tortillas
Notes... I like to use the small tortillas and find these quantities make 12 enchiladas with those.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and capsicum until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat. Add the chicken, half of the sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each tortilla with a big spoonful of the chicken mixture down the middle, roll up and line side by side in a casserole dish. Continue until you have used all the filling and the tortillas.
- Heat the butter in the same pan (no need to wash). Once foaming, add the flour and stir. Continue adding the stock, about 1/3 cup full at a time and stir until incorporated. Take off the heat and add the sour cream.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining grated cheese. Put under the grill for 10 minutes or until bubbly and crisp at the edges and heated throughout.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.