If you love your pulled/ shredded meat then you will love this one too, it is a very flavoursome recipe.
It makes for a great meal to share with family and friends, it is versatile and can be used as a lunch in winter or a dinner in summer.
I have made this in the Philips All-In-One Cooker and it just makes it so much easier, as the sauce can get a little messy, but the Philips All-In-One Cooker is so easy to clean and maintain.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- For CHICKEN
- 1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.2 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 8 wholemeal bread rolls
- For COLESLAW (to serve)
- 2 cups finely shredded red and white cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp whole egg mayonaise
- Combine barbecue sauce, honey, brown sugar, mustard and garlic powder in a jug. Pour into a 4.5L (medium size) slow cooker insert and place on high for 10 mins.
- Trim the chicken of excess fat and add to the sauce, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 4hr 30mins or until chicken is very tender.
- Using tongs, remove chicken and place onto a large plate. Using two forks, shred the meat. Return all the chicken to the sauce in the slow cooker, stir to combine. Keep warm for up to 1hr in the slow cooker
- To make the coleslaw, combine red and white cabbage, carrot, spring onions, capsicum and mayonnaise, mix well to combine.
- To serve, use tongs to place warm chicken onto roll bases, top with coleslaw and sandwich together with roll tops. Serve with extra barbeque sauce and rocket leaves if desired.