- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This poached pair recipe is a really easy dessert that looks impressive and tastes delicious as well.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups Red Wine - I used merlot but don't think it matters
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- Pinch Dried Cloves
- 1 Teaspon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Firm Pears - I used Packham, variety is fine as long as firm
Notes... I was reminiscing about an amazing Sunday lunch I had recently with some fabulous friends. I had the most amazing dessert of Poached Pears. I think I have been hungry all day so as per usual, thoughts of food have filled my brain. I decided at some stage today to re-create the dessert I had which was pears and I was suitably impressed. I have to thank god though that I only made four, as I was tempted to eat them all.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stalk intact.
- Combine the wine, Vinegar, Sugar, Cloves, Vanilla and Cinnamon. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears side down and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, turning the Pears every 10 minutes or so, for an hour to an hour and a half or until pears are tender. If the sauce reduces too much in this process, just add water a tablespoon at a time to ensure there is sufficient liquid.
- Transfer Pears to a bowl.
- Increase heat to high and bring syrup back to boil. Stir occasionally until reduce to a consistency that you like.
- Pour over the pears and set aside to cool.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.